Calling for Nominations! - 2015 Construction Management Project Achievement Awards

This competition is open to all Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) members and non-members. To be eligible projects, programs or program phases must have achieved substantial completion during the period starting June 3, 2014 and ending June 2, 2015.

PROJECT CATEGORIES
Awards are bestowed in these categories

INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECT
(includes highways, transit, airports, ports, public works, etc.) with:

• Constructed value less than $25 M
• Constructed value greater than $25 M

BUILDINGS PROJECT
(includes education, health care, research, offices, commercial, residential, hospitality, federal, state, county, city, etc.) with:

New Construction
• Constructed value less than $25 M
• Constructed value greater than $25 M

Renovation/Modernization
• Constructed value greater than $15 M

PROGRAM MANAGEMENT/PROGRAM PHASE
(these categories allow for distinct phases of a multi-projector multi-phase program to be submitted forconsideration):

Infrastructure (includes highways, transit, airports, ports, public works, etc.)

Buildings (includes education, health care, research, offices, commercial, residential, hospitality, federal, state, county, city, etc.)

 

SUBMISSION:
Deadline for entries is May 1, 2015 May 22, 2015

Submittals to Include:
• Project Nomination Form
• $150.00 Submission Fee – CMAA Member or
• $200.00 Submission Fee – Non-Member
• 3 Bound Copies of Nominations

 

PRESENTATION:
Awards Ceremony

• During 4th Annual Regional Infrastructure Conference
• Location: Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel
• June 10, 2015

2015 CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT
PROJECT ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS


The Construction Management Association of America Gulf Coast Chapter is pleased to announce its 4th Annual Awards Program to recognize outstanding achievement in the practice of construction management. Award winners will serve as examples for CMAA to promote professionalism and excellence in the management of the construction process, and will be honored during an Awards Ceremony at the 4th Annual Regional Infrastructure conference on June 10th 2015.

Purpose

The Program is designed to recognize and promote professionalism and excellence in the management of the construction process. Awards will be given to the projects that best reflect this mission.

Criteria

The competition is open to all CMAA Gulf Coast Chapter members and non-members.

Nominated projects must have been completed between June 3, 2014 and June 2, 2015.

Projects within the Gulf Coast Chapter region area as well as International Projects from a firm within the Gulf Coast Chapter region will be accepted.

Evaluation

Each nominated project will be evaluated using the listed criteria and entry information should be provided using the Nomination Form format only.

The judges will focus most closely on these questions:

• What did the CM do that was special?

• What did the submitting firm do that another CM/PM provider could not or would not have done?

• How did the CM solve a problem, create an opportunity or overcome a challenge?

Each submitter is free to make the best possible case for a project as an example of creativity, innovation and service. Your statement describing the CM’s unique contributions, along with information you submit to support that statement, make up 70 percent of your score with your documented positive outcomes making up the other 30 percent.

This is a competitive process. Only the best project in each category will be selected. Honorable Mention awards may be presented. The Awards Selection Committee will be composed of owners and professional construction managers.

 

See Submission Packet for instructions and Project Nomination Form.

 


For questions regarding submittals please email:
[email protected]

Ship nominations to:
Darren Williams

CMAA Gulf Coast Chapter Awards Committee
909 Poydras St, Suite 1175
New Orleans, LA 70112


 

 

Return to list

0 Comments